A couple of months ago, I wrote a post concerning the potential need for liability insurance. The comments ranged from it being unnecessary and a potential waste of money, to fear of not having it and deciding to research it further. Today, one of our followers let us know that a major bookstore chain would only carry his book if he had liability insurance, so he asked us for a recommendation.
While neither Mary nor I have anyone personally to recommend, I did discover that the Authors Guild is now offering media liability insurance policies for their members.
Have any other authors needed to carry liability insurance as part of a bookstore deal? We're curious to learn if this is becoming a trend.
"Wow!" was the first thing I thought when I learned that Mary Kathryn Johnson had nominated me for The Versatile Blogger Award. Then, when I learned the fun and supportive way it was being presented, I thought, "How very cool!" Finally, when I saw the amazing list of bloggers who were also nominated, I realized how honored I felt to be in their same company. Thank you, Mary for everything. I couldn't have done this without you!
Here are a handful of rules:
1. In a post on your, blog, nominate 15 fellow bloggers for The Versatile Blogger Award.
2. In the same post, add the Versatile Blogger Award photo.
3. In the same post, thank the blogger who nominated you in a post with a link back to their blog.
4. In the same post, share 7 completely random pieces of information about yourself.
5. In the same post, include this set of rules.
6. Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination by posting a comment on each of their blogs.
So, here are the seven little known facts about Andrea Bandle:
1. I am half Dutch as my mother was born in the Netherlands and came to the U.S. when she was four years old.
2. My husband and I will be celebrating our 19th wedding anniversary this May.
3. My lucky number is 21. I was born on the 21st of June, I weighed 6lbs, 14oz, I was 21" long, and my mom was in hospital room 1011. (I did go to Las Vegas for my 21st birthday, but was too intimidated to play Blackjack. I did win a little at the slots.)
4. I have double jointed fingers and can bend them almost all the way back. (I enjoy creeping out my daughter's friends with this trick.)
5. I often missed getting a 100% on my reports in school due to typos and spelling errors. I'm sure my 6th grade teacher would be proud to know I am now an editor.
6. I wrote my first story when I was 10, titled, "Freddie's Flight to Ocean Park." I wish I'd kept it. I do remember there was a baracuda (probably inspired from the rock song), though I had no clue what that was.
7. I met my longest, dearest friend, Abbie when our elementary schools (hers in Ohio, mine in California) matched us up in a pen pal program.
Now, for my favorite bloggers who find a way of making me think, laugh, and/or inspire:
Joel Friedlander - The Book DesignerKristen Lamb - Kristen Lamb's BlogRoni Loren - Roni Lauren Romance Author BlogFrancisco Rosales - SocialMouths Blog
Mary DeMuth - Mary DeMuth Live UncagedAmy Mossoff - The Little ThingsJoanna Penn - The Creative Penn
Christian Hollingsworth - SmartBoy Designs
Dan Goodwin - A Big Creative YesK.M. Weiland - K.M. Weiland Blogs
Writer/Editor - Co-Founder